Drive traffic and blunt competition.
Direct mail program - Stepped coupon book.
During economic challenges, “value” is top of mind with today’s consumers. Our client needed to drive traffic and blunt the competition, and coupons were the right project for the job.
To break away from the coupon clutter, Landers designed a step coupon book to offer discounted items and highlight Taco Bell’s newest innovative product, aligning with media outlets to relay a consistent message.
Landers started by researching the competition, discovering that the value price point for families was around $10 and deals such as the $5 footlong and various dollar menus remained a value focal point. With the understanding that consumers are searching for the best deal, our creative was layered in three categories: Family Savings, Special Tasty Offers and 99¢ Deals. Inside pages complemented these layers with value price points that were targeted at less than $10, less than $5 and less than $1 to remain competitive.
Thanks to key research and cutting edge creative, Landers efforts:
- Built incremental sales via transactions during a price/value time of year.
- Extended impact beyond normal 5-10 day redemption.
- Stole traffic from the competition during a typical discount period for many competitors.
- Positioned Taco Bell as the “Value Leader” that offers high quality products for a good value.
- Grew check by featuring premium items and combos.
- Created top of mind awareness for “deals” on bundled Taco Bell products.
That’s value you can really sink your teeth into!